Monday, April 7, 2008

Water Filteration



I had the pleasure of meeting Cindy Crawford many years ago through a mutual co-worker who went to high school with Cindy in Illinois. I remember it was a hard time for her (as it was during her divorce from Richard Geer). I do remember thinking what beauty she had not only on the outside - but inside! She is brought up with loving surroundings and her goals, integrity and beliefs are similar to mine. I do admire her because I noticed what she says, is what she does and there is no stopping this intelligent women! I like her!



Well......I also have to admit I got mad at her (just a little) cuz' she got to make out with my Jon Bon Jovi in a Christmas video! hee hee!


Like some of us moms, Cindy is doing things to create attention to the water problems and green issues. (Regarding the below info) This was brought to my attention this morning so I wanted to pass this along.


See what Cindy has to say and check this out!
PUR Water Filtration is partnering up with model Cindy Crawford to help promote the use of filtered tap water and reduce consumption of the bottled kind. The campaign, which is launching this May, is called “Thirsty for Change” and will include Crawford designing her own eco-chic reusable water bottle — with all proceeds from the sales going towards Children’s Safe Drinking Water; a program which is dedicated to providing safe drinking water to impoverished children around the world. Said Crawford,
“Like me, many moms today are concerned about the environment. We all want to live a little greener and do our part for the planet and for the health our families. The good news is that even small changes can make a huge impact on the environment. And that’s great news for my family because changes that fit easily into our hectic routine are the ones that are going to stick.
That’s why I would like to share some easy, green tips for other moms out there. They’ve worked in my house. I have learned that getting the whole family involved shows the kids that being eco-friendly can be fun!”


I (Marie) have had PUR water filtration in my home for some years now - I do have water shipped to my home and I am very picky not only what I drink & eat, but what my children put in their bodies as well - People call me a water snob! ha ha!

Hey.......just like some people like their wine! I like my water!

No comments:

a~la mode Archives

My Headlines