Wednesday, April 9, 2008

THE VIEW and my view!


Being a Mom is one of the greatest jobs I have! At times, the most stressful but… the BEST! Being a mom comes with big-time responsibility!!!! What I teach them and how they view me is going to make them the people they become! Whew…what pressure! It is all worth it! I think I have the most adorable children in the world – even when they don’t listen! : )

I had a “Me” day and decided to watch some TV while I had the house all to myself while kids were at school and hubby out of the house - I watched THE VIEW. On the show, Elisabeth Hasselbeck (one of the co-host) is a mother of two. She really gets to me every time I watch THE VIEW – it truly amazes me! I watched how one little beautiful woman raising children who is in the spotlight could have so much ignorance - with all the opportunity – all the mistakes we learned from generations before us – I mean…. I guess it is still a work in progress…but…again…when you are a mother and you are raising little women or men you have to be more aware of what you are putting out there…. especially on TV! I really think as a mother - you really need to THINK before you speak or act! I am not perfect no one is......but….

I still can’t believe where we are today – some (who I think are) intelligent women are so narrow-minded and the (in my mind) have these “closed” beliefs. In this day and age we need to be more open! There really is no more room for closed ignorance anymore! If you are raising little ones, they need to be raised with an open mind along with guidance and love! Yes…there are boundaries… but… you cannot raise someone to think their views are what are the right and the law and that is it! The only God is GOD himself (or whatever higher power there is) and there is “right” and there is “wrong”. To have a one-track mind is really scary and dangerous to me!

I think they have Elisabeth Hasselbeck on the show mostly for ratings and to spark up a fire and make us realize there are still people out there that believe like this and the need for change – I guess that’s why the call it THE VIEW!

Every time I watch, I want to reach in the TV and shake her (Elisabeth) ha ha!
I always think…OMG! – It is like they casted the Dumb Blond for THE VIEW!

I get so embarrassed for her at times – to go on national TV and react the way she does and promotes her motherhood - I am scared! I hope by watching her other mommies her age will realize she is whacked! : )

Anyway…don’t mean to go off on such a beautiful gal but it brought my attention to the needs of some more education on issues of people, the real world and needs to not open mouth before actually walking in someone’s shoes or going through the experiences.
It also helps me realize in myself what I need to really be doing as a mother and what responsibilities I have to teach my children to be better humans!

Even though I also think TV should be more responsible in the bigger picture of things and we need to make a change in ourselves what we are watching – I can’t help but watch! It is like a drug! I watch because I want to see what this mommy, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, says so I can get angry at her! Maybe I need some therapy! Ha ha ha ha!

Here is a great website launching soon http://www.womenswisdomnetwork.com/ -it is dedicated to help other women in many areas.

Also…check out Mid-South Moms http://www.midsouthmoms.com/
A great website for Mommies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog - love what you preach - you are the bomb!

a~la mode Archives

My Headlines