Saturday, March 1, 2008

little Divas, big Divas and finding the right Diva!


Before I start blogin’ away, I just want to say, “thank you” to everyone who has emailed to tell me that they liked my Blog. I do find my ego loving this! Ha ha! As one person stated, “You go girl! You finally got your Marie Show! Ha ha! Yes, it is my chance to have a voice! Ha ha!

My daughter and I just returned from a Princess Tea Party…no… it was not Tiara Tea Society! Ha! But…. it was all little divas in a room dressing up in little princess dresses and having tea to celebrate a birthday girl. I love my life! I am professional (at least I like to think so), corporate-minded business woman during the week- then- I get to do things like have this dress up fun with little girls on weekends! Hee hee! Too cool!

Speaking of Princess Party’s and tea, I did create this blog mostly to spread the word on my friends and things I want to bring attention to. With that in mind, check out Victoria’s Traveling Tea Party http://www.victoriastravelingteaparty.com/ . The owner, Vicki is such a sweet soul! She has helped with Tiara Tea Society during our Mother, Daughter & Friendship Tea and inspires little girls to have great manners and to be fabulous little princesses! She is the best! Thank you Vicki for all that you do!!!

As for us Diva Moms and adults who like to still dress up, check out http://www.tiarateasociety.com/. My dear friend, Eva Lynn and I created this club all for the purpose to help a little girl each year. We wanted to bring great women together, have fun while dressing up in ball gowns, and sip some tea too! : ) I recently retired from TTS due to the journey I want to take in my life, but I still have the title of Founder-Emeritus and will continue to support TTS in anyway I can! Make sure to check it out! The annual membership goes directly to the little girl in need each year! This year, it is all about ICHF http://www.babyheart.org/. Also.....check out my diva friend "Q", she is the best stylist and one of the most fabulous divas I am proud to know! http://lqstyles.com/

While my daughter and I were having our fun today, my husband and son went to baseball practice. My son loves baseball! He had to limp around the field today due to a recent injury on his leg. (The injury was a broken leg due to a 200 lb. TV falling on his legs). I am bringing this up because I want to address a serious issue.............

Watch your babies!!! Make sure if you cannot watch your babies – make sure to have someone responsible who can!
On Christmas Eve day, I left my children with a baby-sitter. She came highly recommended from a service that I have used for many years. The baby-sitter is in her late 40’s, very responsible (we thought) and a loving teacher-type person. Unfortunately, I have to rely on help sometimes because I do not have any family members living near me who I can trust with my children. My husband was at work that morning and I was doing last minuet shopping with my gal-pal, Hilary. While we were having a girlie lunch, I got a phone call and found out that the person who I trusted with my children, who I thought was a very responsible person - decided to leave my son unattended. My son (thinking now he was ruler of the house) decided to go into our bedroom and climb up the TV cabinet and pulled down the huge TV and it landed on his legs. I have TV cameras inside and out of my home and I do background checks and I come from being raised by a mother who was president of Child Find (for missing & abused children) so.. I am really annal who cares for my children. But, no matter how careful you can be, how much knowledge you have, who you think you can leave your children with – you always have to be careful!!! Just wanted to put that out there!!! You are your children’s cheerleaders and caretakers! I know accidents happen but…you really need to make sure your children are around responsible people! I call it my "Christmas Miracle" because it truly was a miracle nothing else happened – I mean…if that TV fell on his head or chest…enough said!!! So…make sure to take care and be responsible for the little ones out there!

Okay…. off I go to wake up my precious ones and give them lots and lots of kisses! And…until we blog again, keep this in mind…. The hardest job kids face today is learning good manners without seeing any. ---Fred Astaire

I got that quote from Terre Gorham, editor of Downtowner Magazine. Thanks Terre!
oohhhh.......and speaking of editors and Diva's! I want to close by telling you to check out Skirt Magazine and the editor's blog http://www.idivamemphis.com/ - I do not know her yet but does seem to be a cool Diva! I like what she writes!

No comments:

a~la mode Archives

My Headlines